Thane W. Tienson
Mr. Tienson maintains a diverse civil litigation practice in Oregon, Washington, and Alaska, emphasizing environmental and fisheries law issues, employment, personal injury, and governmental affairs. He grew up in Astoria and maintains a particularly active practice representing clients throughout the Oregon North Coast.
For the last 30 years, Mr. Tienson has spoken and written on numerous environmental and fisheries law topics throughout the western United States and British Columbia. His publications include: OLI-OSB Law and Desk Reference Chapter on Fisheries Law – 2001; “Carrots and Sticks: How Litigation Can Promote Negotiation and Other Settlement Solutions” (2001); “EU Fishery Trade Policies: A Case Study”, 3 EEZ Technology 161 (1998); Author: “Alyeska v. Wilderness Society, Demise of the Private Attorney General”, 6 ENV Law Review 243 (1976).
- Santa Clara University, B.A., 1968
- Golden Gate University, M.P.A., 1973
- Lewis and Clark Law School, J.D., 1977 (Member and Issue Editor, Environmental Law Review)
MEMBERSHIPS | RECOGNITION
- Oregon State Bar Association
- Washington State Bar Association
ADMITTED TO PRACTICE
- United States District Court, District of Oregon
- United States District Court, Eastern District of Washington
- United States District Court, Western District of Washington
- United States District Court, District of Alaska
- United States Court of Appeals, Fourth Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit