Jennifer L. Gates
Jennifer Gates advises corporate and individual clients on environmental compliance, regulatory matters, and site remediation. She negotiates and litigates CERCLA and Clean Water Act cases in state and federal courts and with regulatory agencies. Jennifer has represented Potentially Responsible Parties at large Superfund sites in the Western United States.
Ms. Gates also litigates business disputes, including breaches of contract, business torts, internet defamation and non-competition agreements.
- University of Iowa
- J.D., with honors, 2001
- M.A., Urban & Regional Planning, 2001
- B.A., 1997
MEMBERSHIPS | RECOGNITION
- Oregon State Bar Association
- Chair, Judicial Administration Committee (2009)
- Oregon Lawyers for a Sustainable Future, Laws Task Force, Co-chair (2008-present)
- St. Andrew Legal Clinic Race for Justice Committee (2007-present)
ADMITTED TO PRACTICE
- District of Columbia
- United States District Court, District of Oregon
- United States District Court, Western District of Washington